Podium Training

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Do you know of anywhere online where I can watch the Olympic podium training? I think I remember watching it online 4 years ago, but I can't remember where...

Thank you!

I wish!

I am still trying to find where to watch the gymnastics in Canada. We will not get the live stream from NBC as they block is to Canada.

Bog NBC is awful this year. They not only block but they make you register with your cable provider so you can't access the videos even if you have a VPN (which gives you an IP addy from the country of your choice). I got my brother to give me his cable login but it doesn't always work.

Is the BBC going to have any coverage online? Even if they block international IPs you can probably get around it with a VPN if you care to spring for one. Mine costs about 5 dollars a month.

I'll probably just end up watching the local China coverage (and then downloading the NBC broadcast when it shows up on a torrent) but that means more of the Chinese team than anything else and as much as I love them they're not terribly exciting this year.

Have you looked to see if you can access bgtv (on the British gymnastics website). Not sure if they're showing it but apparently you didn't need to be in the uk to watch the recent Olympic trials streaming.

Isnt there some way of getting round the not in the uk thing to watch bbc online? Some sort of program that adjust your ip? I read that the bbc is showing everything, and it usually pops up on iplayer fairly quickly...

The BBC coverage will be awesome. I will look into it. But I know that the BBC player is blocked for us with no subscription offered.

I used to have a funky mozilla fix that allowed me to watch just about anything, but eventually I had to upgrade my mozilla and it no longer is supported. Those IP blockers kind of work, but they mess up my pc so much I cannot work without ads flying all over the place.

I will be investigating further this week though. I will weep if all I get is sad Canadian coverage, they do not care about gym at all.

For VPNs (that's what the change your IP programs are called) you have to use a pay service to get anything that wont end up messing with your computer. Trust me -- those of us in China are absolute experts at this because the Chinese government blocks Facebook and Youtube and you know, we tolerate a lot living in this zany country but you gotta draw the line somewhere!

Look into services like Astrill or Express VPN. Even if you didn't end up keeping it it would be worth paying for a month's subscription just to have access to the Olympic broadcasts.

The Canadian coverage looks like it might be pretty nice this year, surprisingly. About 5 different channels will be showing different sports at any given time, and looking at the schedule, we'll get a good chunk of gymnastics prelims shown live and in HD, which I never would have expected. Granted we don't have any fun extras on the Internet like in the US or the UK, but it's still more than I was hoping for given the usual quality of the coverage. We actually upgraded our Videotron TV package so we'd have access to everything, then we'll cancel it next month :D

As for international coverage, I'm relying on some generous souls to upload the video extras from NBC Olympics on Rapidshare or Bitshare, and I'll watch or record NBC's TV coverage to see the routines that the Canadian coverage won't show. I don't have any solution regarding the stuff the BBC will upload on their website, but I'm sure it's possible to find a live stream (or 10, since it's the Olympics) to watch their live TV coverage. It's annoying that everything is more complicated for us Canadians, but I definitely think it's possible to be part of the excitement with a little extra effort!

Bog NBC is awful this year. They not only block but they make you register with your cable provider so you can't access the videos even if you have a VPN (which gives you an IP addy from the country of your choice). I got my brother to give me his cable login but it doesn't always work.

Is the BBC going to have any coverage online? Even if they block international IPs you can probably get around it with a VPN if you care to spring for one. Mine costs about 5 dollars a month.

I'll probably just end up watching the local China coverage (and then downloading the NBC broadcast when it shows up on a torrent) but that means more of the Chinese team than anything else and as much as I love them they're not terribly exciting this year.

I will check it out. Thanks.

The Canadian coverage looks like it might be pretty nice this year, surprisingly. About 5 different channels will be showing different sports at any given time, and looking at the schedule, we'll get a good chunk of gymnastics prelims shown live and in HD, which I never would have expected. Granted we don't have any fun extras on the Internet like in the US or the UK, but it's still more than I was hoping for given the usual quality of the coverage. We actually upgraded our Videotron TV package so we'd have access to everything, then we'll cancel it next month :D

As for international coverage, I'm relying on some generous souls to upload the video extras from NBC Olympics on Rapidshare or Bitshare, and I'll watch or record NBC's TV coverage to see the routines that the Canadian coverage won't show. I don't have any solution regarding the stuff the BBC will upload on their website, but I'm sure it's possible to find a live stream (or 10, since it's the Olympics) to watch their live TV coverage. It's annoying that everything is more complicated for us Canadians, but I definitely think it's possible to be part of the excitement with a little extra effort!

I downloaded the CTV olympics app on my ipad, it seems to be promising live streaming of the things I want to watch, namely gym. I am really hoping that this is true. It would be wonderful to see all the routines, as opposed to the to group. I really want to see the Canadian team, especially Moors on beam.

Last time around Universal Sports had a live feed to podium training on their website. I know it showed the US girls but I cant remember if they had the other sessions as well.

So I'm a little confused. In the US, what's the best way to watch the other countries compete? I'm sure we'll get the men's and woman's gymnastics on NBC, but it won't show everything obviously...

Thanks for the tip sportsfanatic! Downwloaded the app, and looks like they will have a feed from each event for every gymnastics competition. Hope it works! :pray:

I wish!

I am still trying to find where to watch the gymnastics in Canada. We will not get the live stream from NBC as they block is to Canada.

Welcome to the subtleties of nuanced social warfare. The fiscal conservatives in the USA partnered in a rare non-partisan union of the "lamestream media" and the "teaparty" to block live streaming to the land of hockey, Grey Goose, and maple syrup, eh. It's the conservative's opinion that your country deserves at least this much punishment for socialized medicine. So I guess you really can't have it both ways, even in Canada eh! It's either medicine for all, or live streaming for all.

As for me.... Every time I visit your great country I am amazed by your collective goodwill , attitude, and social structure. And who wouldn't love a country who's currency includes a Looney, eh. I'm tempted to pack my bags and head up north permanently, but I'll have to defer that decision until I've taken advantage of all that NBC has to offer in olympic coverage.:D:rolleyes::cool:

As for me.... Every time I visit your great country I am amazed by your collective goodwill , attitude, and social structure. And who wouldn't love a country who's currency includes a Looney, eh. I'm tempted to pack my bags and head up north permanently, but I'll have to defer that decision until I've taken advantage of all that NBC has to offer in olympic coverage.:D:rolleyes::cool:

Smart move, get the Olympics over and then flee north.

I am fleeing south, to the US, for Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The girls think it is for back to school shopping, but the hotel room does have a very nice flat screen tv for the opening ceremonies and MAG. Shame I cannot afford to stay there for a week, I was very tempted to try though!

Smart move, get the Olympics over and then flee north.

I am fleeing south, to the US, for Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The girls think it is for back to school shopping, but the hotel room does have a very nice flat screen tv for the opening ceremonies and MAG. Shame I cannot afford to stay there for a week, I was very tempted to try though!

Here's how you do it.....Stay until the exchange rate changes enough to make up for the added length of stay. The November elections might just do it......

May the odds be ever in your favour, eh!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back