Poll Discussion (from the reopening gymnastics clubs poll)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Here in NZ we are back at gym tomorrow, horrah.
They have staggered the times a bit, grip's of ten or less, but allowed more than one group in at a time.
We've had 7 weeks of lockdown here (5 of full lockdown except supermarkets, pharmacies and petrol stations), then the last two weeks takeaways were allowed to open and retail shops were allowed to sell and ship stuff from online.
From tomorrow retail shops and restaurants can open, still with a lot of restrictions, but it's progress.
Schools go back Monday.

But similar to Australia, we're on a much better position than USA. We've had no news cases last few days, and average about 2 - 3 new cases a day for the last few weeks.

They'll be easing them back in to their training, certainly no new skills or anything like that.
We've been lucky and had about 12 hours of zoom a week over the break, so hopefully they haven't lost too much strength....

But similar to Australia, we're on a much better position than USA. We've had no news cases last few days, and average about 2 - 3 new cases a day for the last few weeks.
There are many places in the US with numbers like that

Reactions: SMH
Has anyone or their child tried it yet? I'm not being snarky; I truly am curious about how difficult (or not) it would be to wear a mask while doing dance or gymnastics.

The gym that my DD attends bought a couple of masks for the normal cold/flu this winter as their was a couple of girls that had runny noses that they couldn't stop dripping on everything. Those girls were just fine doing gymnastics in the cloth masks.

I've tried boxing and mma in an elevation mask it is not comfortable and does reduce your stamina, but the coaches should be able to understand this and adjust accordingly.

(Taking notes for America) So, quality leadership helps curb the spread of the disease?
Lol. We certainly have an advantage in that we have a population of only 5 million, no dense living and are on an island quote far away from other populations!!
But what really helped was sitting our borders to non residents very early, then basically completely. A few flights have come in with citizens but they are taken straight to specific hotels under guard for 14 days.

Yes the leadership helps, I am not a supporter of this government, but even I can appreciate that it has been handled well.
Also helps that we have one rule for the whole country. And info is coming from one place each day.... Seems very confusing that you have different states having different rules and reporting.

4 hours away now until daughter steps back in the gym.... Relief and happiness here

Last night on channel 4 (UK) there was a programme on South Korea’s response to COVID versus the UK. It was very interesting how well they kept it under control through the testing and tracking. But I can see how in many countries there would be an outcry at the invasion of privacy needed to do this effectively. I would prefer their current outcome of 100ish deaths to our 30,000+ personally. Oh and they have managed this without lockdown (other than Doha where the citizens chose to do it themselves!).

Lol. We certainly have an advantage in that we have a population of only 5 million, no dense living and are on an island quote far away from other populations!!
But what really helped was sitting our borders to non residents very early, then basically completely. A few flights have come in with citizens but they are taken straight to specific hotels under guard for 14 days.

So really it's about density. Yup looking at the metro NY area, no surprise here. JFK, subways, hotels, everyone go out and enjoy. And closing borders and knowing who enters your country. Yeah folks lose it here when you say you want to know who is coming here. And they lost it when they started limiting flights. If only they had done that in NY.

So really it's about density. Yup looking at the metro NY area, no surprise here. JFK, subways, hotels, everyone go out and enjoy. And closing borders and knowing who enters your country. Yeah folks lose it here when you say you want to know who is coming here. And they lost it when they started limiting flights. If only they had done that in NY.
Edit timed out......

West Coast, less flights, less dense, less cases.
Middle of the country, less international flights, even less dense, even less cases.
East Coast. Lots of flights, very dense, folks in charge saying we aren't shutting down anything. Welcome to the sh*t show of NY

Gyms in my state of Australia have just been given permission to recommence training outdoors, in groups of ten or less, with social distancing measures in place such as no spotting, no physical shaping, no partner assisted stretching etc. So basically they have been given permission to take their conditioning off zoom and into the outdoors if they have the facilities.

Some gyms do have access to outdoor areas. My daughter’s gym could even take their air tracks and floor beams outside and onto a large grassed area if they chose. It will be interesting to see how things progress.

We have the same in our State starting midnight tonight, but it’s due to rain every day next week and as we head into winter it’s getting dark by 5PM. So it may not be practical.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back