Parents portait question - double posted in photography

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

CuriousCate

Proud Parent
Have any of you done outdoor posed portraits of your gymnasts?

I have googled "ballet dancer portrait alley city" and got a ton of gorgeous pics (I included a few links below to show what I am thinking - these are NOT MY PICS) but when I did the same with gymnast, I got a bunch of kids doing splits on a field or a a handstand on the beach, etc...

I do a lot of photography (family and pet) and I'm looking to do pics of my kids outdoors downtown, by the barn in a nearby field, in a nearby public arboretum, etc but I'd love to see some examples of others. Has anyone had photos like these done of their gymnast that they are willing to show? Or share the link to their photographer's page so I can look at it for inspiration?

Thanks!!

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...607998725166272378&selectedIndex=2&ajaxhist=0

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...987072952306151&selectedIndex=14&ajaxhist=0Hi

Have any of you done outdoor posed portraits of your gymnasts?

I have googled "ballet dancer portrait alley city" and got a ton of gorgeous pics (I included a few links below to show what I am thinking - these are NOT MY PICS) but when I did the same with gymnast, I got a bunch of kids doing splits on a field or a a handstand on the beach, etc...

I do a lot of photography (family and pet) and I'm looking to do pics of my kids outdoors downtown, by the barn in a nearby field, in a nearby public arboretum, etc but I'd love to see some examples of others. Has anyone had photos like these done of their gymnast that they are willing to show? Or share the link to their photographer's page so I can look at it for inspiration?

Thanks!!
One of our Seniors last year had some of her Senior Pictures taken outdoors, in gymnastics poses in her team leotard. They were beautiful... One was done at a covered bridge... and one was at a fountain (in the splits on the ledge)... and there were others, but I cant find them now to describe.

I think it is a great idea!

One of our Seniors last year had some of her Senior Pictures taken outdoors, in gymnastics poses in her team leotard. They were beautiful... One was done at a covered bridge... and one was at a fountain (in the splits on the ledge)... and there were others, but I cant find them now to describe.

I think it is a great idea!
This is actually my plan for DDs senior portraits. Gym has been her only constant throughout high school.

I do a bit of photography as a hobby, generally of wildlife although do also a bit of my kids and pets.
I’ve got lots of typical holiday photos of my dd doing the splits, handstands etc but just taken as she was just messing around and then one day when photographing her on the beach the sun was setting and I got her to do some gymnastic poses like arabesque and simple moves like cartwheel and bwo just on the waters edge and was really pleased with the results. Seeing those photos you’ve linked have given me inspiration to do some move in an alternative environment like the city (now just need to convince my dd, she complains that I take too long and take too many photos :D:rolleyes:)

Look up Jordan Matter on instagram and YouTube. He does “10 minute photo challenge” videos with mostly dancers and they are amazing! He picks a location and races around getting incredible shots of leaps, jumps, kicks etc.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back