MAG Position offered

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

DTAG

Coach
Proud Parent
Judge
I am super nervous, and excited, as I have been offered a position to coach at my sons gym. I will be coaching rec and lower compulsory. I have also taken the judges course and will start judging this season as well. I really do love this sport, and I understand it. I have my apprehensions, but we shall give it a try. My sons gym, as many others, are hurting for coaches and our program keeps growing. While this is not a bad problem to have, it does mean that our current coaches are getting overwhelmed and our gymnasts don’t always get the attention they wish they had.

As far as the judging goes, my eyes tend to look at shape and form when skills are performed anyways. It’s natural for me, not sure why. And I have a longing to understand what I am watching. I.e. understanding hand placement for a stockli vs a czech. And again, our state needs more judges! Wish me luck as I take all this on. I did ask my son if he was comfortable that I do both, and he said he was. I thought that was important.

If anyone has any tips for either position, please let me know!

Rock n roll... have fun!

black and white rock GIF

Good luck in both your coaching and judging, good coaches are hard to find, especially in men's gymnastics.

I am super nervous, and excited, as I have been offered a position to coach at my sons gym. I will be coaching rec and lower compulsory.
Best of luck for the new position hope you doing well.

thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck in both your coaching and judging, good coaches are hard to find, especially in men's gymnastics.
Thank you! I work with kids all the time be it church, scouts, sports anyways. Just hoping I will be good at this.

Best of luck for the new position hope you doing well.

thanks.
I am loving it, and the kids seem happy lol. I love to watch their confidence and strength grow!

Edit: Edited by mod due to "reply to fake account that has been deleted".

Last edited by a moderator:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back