Possible injury?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Blackllistd

Gymnast
I am 24 years old and have been out of the gym for about 8 to 9 years. Back when I was a gymnast I was crazy flexible. I have had plenty of injuries including the last of my injuries which were the deciding factor on quitting which was acl and mcl rips in my knees (only on knee at a time was injuried). My right knee was the first to rip at 14 years old and the left knee at 16 years old. After the second knee I just decided it was time to throw in the towel. Now 8 ish years later I can still do my right leg splits but not my left leg splits as I never stretched after the second surgery. The issue I am having right now is extreme pain in my inner thigh when sitting in a straddle only in my left leg. At first I thought I just lost my splits and have to re-stretch however its seems a bit over board. What I mean by over board is that I can barley split my legs open without it hurting. I cant even do a cartwheel without it feeling like I ripped something for a couple days. I dont have any of these issues in my right leg its just the left.
Could I have an injury that I never knew about just sitting dormant in my left thigh or is it that I am just so tight now that it seems that average people have less pain stretching than I do?

Edit; About 4 years ago I was in an adult class and could still do all my splits as you can see in my profile picture. I remember pulling a muscle back then but I dont remember if its the same area I am having trouble with now.

I'm guessing it's just lack of flexibility. But I'd say better safe than sorry. See a doctor. It seems like you think it might be an injury.

Visiting the doctor is the only advise anyone is allowed to give you here, anything else is speculation and not a good plan.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back