WAG Posting results to mymeetscores.com and scoring software

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

flippingtogether

Proud Parent
This is more a question for meet directors.... But if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be most appreciated. I cannot find the info anywhere.

To upload results to mymeetscores.com, what format do the scores need to be? Are there options for the format that will work? It seems excel is not the answer.

Also, what are pros and cons of various meet software? Price vs what you get? Our state has no special requirements like others.

Thank you.....

I have no idea. I was assistant meet director for years and we never ever sent our scores in to them yet they always appeared on their site. No idea how or what form they got them in! (results were online at our meet website so maybe they pulled from there??)

flipping -

"Posting" to mymeetscores - no such thing. They manage to get the scores that they post by pulling results from host club web sites.

As for meet software, there are really only 2 to choose from: ProScore and Scoremaster. I am seeing ProScore at every meet we attended this year and I use only ProScore.

Good Luck.

Does anyone know how to get scores posted that didn't quite make it to mymeetscores? For example, a recent meet shows up on mymeetscores as "completed," levels 6, 7, and 8 published, but the rest did not. Who should be the one to fix this? The hosting gym or mymeetscores?

mymeetscores is a lost cause. It's riddled with errors and it's not like there is anyone to contact to fix it. As I've said before, according to them my daughter is simultaneously competing level 9 and XG this year for two different gyms. It's just a poorly "managed" site at this point, so take anything off it with a grain of salt.

You can attempt to add scores on mymeetscores by uploading the score file or the link to the host gym website with results. My experience is that sometimes they do add them, and sometimes they don't - if they do, they sometimes do it in a few days and sometimes a few weeks. There is no way to remove incorrect or duplicate information, though, which is disappointing when they duplicate a less-than-steller meet from a previous season! http://mymeetscores.com/add1scores.pl

If mymeetscores isn't any good, are there any better sites out there? I've seen meetscoresonline, but never seem to find meets from my region (4) there.

flipping -

"Posting" to mymeetscores - no such thing. They manage to get the scores that they post by pulling results from host club web sites.

As for meet software, there are really only 2 to choose from: ProScore and Scoremaster. I am seeing ProScore at every meet we attended this year and I use only ProScore.

Good Luck.
Sounds like you are the right person to talk to, MeetDirector!! - and it sounds like you've had great experience with Proscore. I heard from someone else some time ago Proscore is really good - this seals the deal to hopefully get going with them in the future.

In the meantime, many gyms in our current area - including my DD's gym - post meet results in either a pdf of an excel file, or in an excel file itself - the results are SOOOO long and rambling, strung together, ugly and unformatted, and difficult to read.
(We originally were in an area that must have used ProScore - the results always were clear and easy to see, divided by level and age group - this other way in our new state is a disaster.)
Mymeetscores hasn't picked up any results from our gym to put them in - my guess is excel and a pdf DON'T work for them and they don't pick up the results.
And on the mymeetscores.com website - this is the page that has me puzzled - the Add Scores tab: http://www.mymeetscores.com/add1scores.pl
which comes with these instructions: If you have the scores for this meet on your computer, please upload the file and we will post the scores shortly. If you have multiple files, please create and upload a zip file.
(and I am thinking, ok, WHAT type of file do they want??)
If you have any additional insight.....thank you!! :)

You can attempt to add scores on mymeetscores by uploading the score file or the link to the host gym website with results. My experience is that sometimes they do add them, and sometimes they don't - if they do, they sometimes do it in a few days and sometimes a few weeks. There is no way to remove incorrect or duplicate information, though, which is disappointing when they duplicate a less-than-steller meet from a previous season! http://mymeetscores.com/add1scores.pl
Thank you BachFlyer! Do you know when you or others have uploaded the file to that page on mymeetscores, what file format it is in? When you say "uploading the score file" - is there a special meet file format this should be in?

We must have been typing at the same time - I don't know if an excel file will work, I can't imagine a pdf will work - is there some magic file format that has results??

Flipping -

Honestly, ProScore is the only software to use. The new version has gotten even better and they have remote score entry systems as well as score projection capability. It has been used at every big meet we were at this season and it is used at regionals and nationals. It can be a costly investment at the beginning, but it pays for itself in the long-run with the user friendliness and the reports it produces.

As for what kind of files mymeetscores reads, its anybody's guess. In the past when I worried about them, I sent them a link to our site and it only had pdf files; the scores were eventually incorporated. I don't worry about them anymore; if they find the results, good for them but I am not going to go out of my way to send them anything.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back