Practice Hairstyles and Headbands

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Does anyone know a quick practice hairstyle? I have long, thick, straight hair. And whenever I am practicing front tucks or front handsprings, my hair always hits my face causing me to close my eyes. My hair also does not stay put in normal buns.

Also, does anyone know good headbands for practice and where to purchase? I need one that will not slip off easily, but is not extremely tight. Affordable, too.

A haircut might do wonders! ;)
If you don't want to cut your hair, a straight french braid down the back of your head is great for long hair that wont stay put.

I have very long straight thick hair as well. Try putting in a ton of hairties - I have up to 15 in sometimes. Put 4ish in for the ponytail and then do some in a messy bun. Put tons in.

I don't know if this is really quick, but I do a high ponytail and then braid the rest for practice and meets. It gets messy by the end of practice but it stays out of my way!

A haircut might do wonders! ;)
If you don't want to cut your hair, a straight french braid down the back of your head is great for long hair that wont stay put.
That's what I keep being told about my hair! I usually put my hair in a low ponytail, it works for me as I'm not doing FT or FH but backwards rolls do not work with my hair!

And for headband at Claire they have silicone ones for 5 dollars they stay in really well even with ft and bt

I put my hair in a high ponytail, then I braid it and tie it off, then I twist it up into a bun. My hair is long so that way my hair won't get in my way. This may work for your hair. Hope it helps!!!

I have seen some rubber bands at Walmart that are sort of rubbery that stay in really well. The only thing is they sort of get stuck in your hair, but if you not tender headed they would be great for you!

For meets I usually do a French twist down one side (if you don't know how to do one then there are multiple youtube videos about it) then tie it into a ponytail, since I have longer hair as well. Then I would braid the ponytail and put it in a bun. To tame fly aways or baby hairs, just use a good hairspray, and if you want it could be sparkly hairspray, and maybe you could find some in your team colors. Bobby pins or barretts work really well too if needed. And for headbands (which I wouldn't normally use for meets) Under Armour has some pretty good ones for a low-ish price, and to be sure I would secure it in with Bobby pins. hope this helped :)

For meets I usually do a French twist down one side (if you don't know how to do one then there are multiple youtube videos about it) then tie it into a ponytail, since I have longer hair as well. Then I would braid the ponytail and put it in a bun. To tame fly aways or baby hairs, just use a good hairspray, and if you want it could be sparkly hairspray, and maybe you could find some in your team colors. Bobby pins or barretts work really well too if needed. And for headbands (which I wouldn't normally use for meets) Under Armour has some pretty good ones for a low-ish price, and to be sure I would secure it in with Bobby pins. hope this helped :)
and also for practice I wear Lululemon headbands, they normally stay in quite well

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back