WAG Pre-Dowel Grips?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm not really sure how pre dowel grips work or what the point would be? When you use fingertip grips, the dowel goes over the bar to provide a sort of foothold for your hand. Without that, I assume the folded material would either sort of get in the way, or just act like a less effective dowel. So how would they help? Why not just get dowel grips?
The folded material does act as a kind of less rigid dowel... I purchased them because OG hated her dowel grips (even after 3 different pairs in 3 years, including Pixie Grips when she was 9).
With the pre-dowel grips, she was more comfortable... was able to do full routines with them in less than a week... they worked for her, but they may not be right for everyone.

Okay so here's the deal, I'm going to try pre dowel grips and see how that goes. My mom just doesn't want me in dowel grips until my coach approaches me specifically saying I need them. I am truly thankful for all your replies though!

Sounds good! Let us know which ones you get and if you like them :p;);)

Okay so my grips came today and so far I'vespent about an hour and a half sanding the holes on them! They're so tiny! I'll have to have my dad give sanding them a try. Other than getting one of my fingers stuck in the finger hole, I had any problems with getting them ready to use.

That's great! Yeah, 10.0 seems to make there finger holes tiny for some reason... try a marker under the sandpaper

I myself actually went right from no grips to dowel grips! To be frank with you, though, I don't really see the point in the pre-dowel grips. Dowel grips are nicer because the do have an extra piece there-the dowel- to help you hold on and stay holding on. Personally, I prefer Reisport dowel grips. They do take a while to break in, but it's worth it because they'll be your most favourite grips in the whole wide world after that. So yes, I encourage you to go with dowel grips!:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back