Pre meet rituals or superstitions?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey guys! My first meet is Sunday and so I wanted to ask if any one else shared any of my weird premeet rituals. I always have to have sparkles in my hair. No sparkles = bad meet. I also have to listen to music the ride up to the meet. I start my vault at 63' and one big toe, I have to take small left step, big right, then run. I take a deep breath after I salute and watch the bar for a second before I start my bars routine. I have to start in the same corner of floor. I'm sure I'll develop new ones this year as I do every time I switch levels. What are your premeet rituals? What music do you listen to? Thanks guys!!!!

This isn't really a pre-meet ritual but I have to have my lucky charm bracelet in my competition bag. Also, before our first event my gym friend and I have to do our special handshake. :)
Also, I have a 'Competition Playlist' with songs that I listen to before dance competitions, gymnastics competitions, and show choir competitions

I have a pre-vault ritual now - me and my coach came up with it, since I had a very near miss on the vault a while back. It gives me something to do before I go for it, to focus and be less nervous. I rushed through it once last week and my vault was terrible, so I'm sure I've accidentally convinced myself it's essential somehow! :p

I make sure I give myself plenty of extra time to get ready. I constantly redod my hair to make sure it will stay in for my back extension roll. I swing on my chin up bar a little and do a few leaps on my floor beam.

I cannot have ANY extra time before a meet. I give myself 30 minutes to eat, do my hair, put on leo and warmups. If I have any more time, I will stress out to the nth degree. I crack my ankles before vault, and I have to start on the same place (in relationship to the judge) on beam.

I cannot have ANY extra time before a meet. I give myself 30 minutes to eat, do my hair, put on leo and warmups. If I have any more time, I will stress out to the nth degree. I crack my ankles before vault, and I have to start on the same place (in relationship to the judge) on beam.
Half an hour???? That's it? Oh... your so lucky.... I take about an hour just for hair....

Wheaties...breakfast of champions!

I have to listen to my Kesha CD on the car ride to the meet and I have 2 good luck charms, little squeezer, he's a wooden snake, and Dr mcdreamy, he's a bear from build a bear.

I shave my legs the night before so I feel super awesome going into the meet. I also listen to pump-up music or my favorite bands before the competition begins. My favorite band is twenty one pilots and my favorite pump up genres are alternative, punk, orchestra, and pop.

Dr mcdreamy[/QUOTE]
Is it sad that I instently thought of Dr Shepard (dr mcdreamy in merideth's words)?
Please tell me I'm not alone..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back