Coaches Pre-school Lesson Plans

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi All,

I wanted to share and get some feedback on some lesson plans that I have put together in attempts to liven up our pre-school program.

Background on the program:
Our Tiny Tumblers class consist of a large age range (18mo. to 4yrs!), due to time limitations in the gym we can only get one hour a week. Last year there were about 10 kids & 10-20 parents in the gym at a time. Most of the parents are teachers themselves and really used that time to socialize with each other. There was absolutely no structure and it was a 45 min. "exploration" time with myself and the head coach making sure kids did not get hurt. (I had taught pre-school before and never seen this!) As the head coach left, I am taking initiative to get this program going in a developmentally effective and most importantly, fun way.

Given our limitations I've tried to find ways to incorporate an 18 mo old into lessons, with fine motor skill work not necessarily gymnastics. I've also planned for most of the activities/set ups/song to be similar from week to week for 4 weeks before throwing them off-wack with something new again. I am treating this next term as an experiment of sorts by doing an evaluation at the end of each class. I will also be training some Jr. Coaches so I'm hoping they are as visual learners as I am. :)

I would appreciate any input. Thanks

Tiny Tots Lesson Plan Week 1 Stop.look.Listen
http://www.scribd.com/doc/60107526/
Tiny-Tots-Lesson-Plan-Week-3-Pirates]
Tiny Tots Lesson Plan Week 2 Disney
Tiny Tots Lesson Plan Week 4 Sunshine

[/URL]

Hi there,

Unfortunately I can't read the files properly, they come up huge and all jumbled so I can't read the content. I'd love to give you feedback if possible.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back