Predictions for USA women's team for worlds?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

wandrewsjr

Coach
Proud Parent
Anyone else want to make early predictions for team USA? No team competition so they will likely take best 2 all-arounders and next two spots will go to those with potential for individual event medals, that also balance each other since only 3 per country in qualifying per event. What a time for Jade Carrey to come on the scene! She seems to be a perfect complement to Ashton Locklear. Is she this years Kayla Williams?!

Ragan Smith AA
Riley McCusker AA
Ashton Locklear UB maybe BB
Jade Carrey VT FX maybe BB

I don't think they'd send jade Carey. I don't think she has an international experience. And I also don't think Riley will be ready to go. My guess is Ragan Morgan Ashton and trinity

I don't think they'd send jade Carey. I don't think she has an international experience. And I also don't think Riley will be ready to go. My guess is Ragan Morgan Ashton and trinity
She'll never get experience if they don't give her an assignment. Obviously, starting with Worlds is huge, but it's the perfect time for her as it is a down year, no team competition and based on what she vaulted last weekend, she's a contender.

Riley being injured is a big question mark...how injured she is remains to be seen. I would love to see Trinity make it -- I really like her, but she has struggled in competition thus far. Hopefully she had a good P&G's.

If Jade goes to P&G's and becomes national champion on vault( and even floor champion is a possibility) and is the only USA gymnast capable of contending for a World vault medal, they would definitely send her, regardless of international inexperience.

She'll never get experience if they don't give her an assignment. Obviously, starting with Worlds is huge, but it's the perfect time for her as it is a down year, no team competition and based on what she vaulted last weekend, she's a contender.

Riley being injured is a big question mark...how injured she is remains to be seen. I would love to see Trinity make it -- I really like her, but she has struggled in competition thus far. Hopefully she had a good P&G's.

Yes I agree that she's a contender especially after her last showing, but she'd have to do really well up to it. It's hard to speculate now, I think it'll be more clear after P&Gs.

Yes I agree that she's a contender especially after her last showing, but she'd have to do really well up to it. It's hard to speculate now, I think it'll be more clear after P&Gs.
For sure! Looking forward to the upcoming competitions!

The 4th member of the team will likely only do vault and floor, and the US just doesn't have much choice in seniors that fit that spot right now. If Jade rocks P&G's I think that spot is hers. Do we even have ANY other seniors capable of two high level vaults right now? Does anyone know?

The 4th member of the team will likely only do vault and floor, and the US just doesn't have much choice in seniors that fit that spot right now. If Jade rocks P&G's I think that spot is hers. Do we even have ANY other seniors capable of two high level vaults right now? Does anyone know?
Not to my knowledge. I guess we'll see who shows up with what at the next few meets, but I am not aware of anyone else with 2 competitive vaults.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back