Parents preschool back bends

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have the same story as Gymbeemom, except my girls never stabilized and she had spinal fusion surgery at age 14. No physical activity for the two years before and the year after. Three years out of 14 spent doing nothing was torture for a very active and talented kid.

Now at 17 she cannot do many things she loves to do.

All because of over enthusiastic coaching, early bridging and multiple bwo's.

Why take the risk when there is no evidence that early bridging gets you to the Olympics?

I've said it already at another thread, but thank you to those who have shared their sobering experiences. This sort of conversation is a big part of the reason I sought out something like ChalkBucket. I hope that my husband and I can be as wise as possible as we guide our children through their passions and dreams!

I've said it already at another thread, but thank you to those who have shared their sobering experiences. This sort of conversation is a big part of the reason I sought out something like ChalkBucket. I hope that my husband and I can be as wise as possible as we guide our children through their passions and dreams!

I have no bad experience to share, but I just wanted to thank you for listening openly to advice that cautions you against what is happening now at your gym. It's very hard to hear that your coaches might be doing something unsafe and to listen and react without defensiveness is very impressive to me. I love your attitude! (editing to add: And I hope you stick around CB a long time!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back