Preschool Director in CA

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Y

yeow86

Hey everyone I am a preschool director for a gym in CA. I am always looking for new fun and exciting ides to do with our tots to keep up thier love of gymnastics!!

I have a five year old in gymnastics. Today they played a shark game. The 'shark' was on a scooter and she had to catch the minnows that were walking around with the carpet skates. It was so much fun. The sharks scooted on there bellies and bottoms after the minnows.
They are also using small swimming kickboards for things like jumps on the tumble track. On tuck jumps they have to hit the kickboards with their knees. On split jumps they have to jump up to hit their legs on the board that they hold themselves as they jump down the tumble track.
Blue mats become the ocean under the bars and beams and the teachers draw fish, sharks etc. on them with chalk and the kids try not to fall off and get eaten. These are just some of the things I paid attention to today but our gym likes to follow the seasons and incorporate them into lesson plans. Hope this helps!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back