WAG press handstands in a floor routine allowed?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Are press handstands allowed in a floor routine? Well, I guess they are allowed, but do judges like to see them?

Combo I am thinking about: Back Extension Roll to Handstand - Handstand Forward Roll Tuck Handstand - Handstand Forward Roll Straddle Press Handstand - Handstand Forward Roll Pike Press Handstand.

my sister does it and it looks so cool we thought about using it once she gets to L7 and has an optional floor routine.

Thanks

I've seen presses. Very occasionally you'll see pirouettes in girls' floors too. There's a gym around here that includes a few elements that are more commonly seen in boys' routines (presses, pirouettes, Swedish falls, etc.), and it makes the girls' routines distinctive. The key is just that they work the skills enough not to risk deductions or falls just for the sake of something that's a little different or cool!

I've seen presses. Very occasionally you'll see pirouettes in girls' floors too. There's a gym around here that includes a few elements that are more commonly seen in boys' routines (presses, pirouettes, Swedish falls, etc.), and it makes the girls' routines distinctive. The key is just that they work the skills enough not to risk deductions or falls just for the sake of something that's a little different or cool!
This. One of our girls had the most amazing beam mount for level 8, but it is being taken out for the time being until she can hit it more consistently...think how awful one would feel if they missed the skill at the beginning of trying to tame the beam monster!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back