Parents Preteam or bronze?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Kirstenk

Proud Parent
My daughter is 5, almost 6 and we tried our a few gyms since we moved. One gym says that they want her to start on their bronze team now. It is 4-5 hours per week.
The other gym says they want her to do a fit kids thing until summer is over then go into their “preteam” type program. The fit kids is about building muscle. Then the other class this fall They explained it that it’s where they get them ready for level 3. At the end of being in that program girls are placed in either JO, XCEL, or back to rec. It would be 4 hours starting in the fall as well.
We are pretty new to this so I am unsure of what path to choose? Bronze now where she will already be on a team and be doing more hours or do other gym with chance to go JO
.If she goes to bronze team at 5 does that mean u can’t swap back over? Seems young to not change if able?

At her age, look at the gym as a whole. Observe each gym both her level and higher levels. How do the coaches treat the athletes? Is the drive reasonable? Ask questions, ask about fees, schedules etc. search Chalk Bucket for threads about how to choose a gym. Experienced parents have given lots of great advice here.

In the next year or two, she needs to have fun fun fun while gaining strength flexibility and skills while in a safe supportive environment.

At the gym Suggesting bronze- is there a JO option in the future with proven success of getting girls to higher levels? If no, I’d be inclined to go to the other gym just so you start out somewhere that can provide all options to her in the future.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back