Parents PreTeam!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Monkeygirlsmom

Proud Parent
my kids just asked to join!! They could start in Jan!! They just switched to this gym!!the bet thing is how I adore this head coach!! when I found out there preactice sched and said it sounded like it would not be too much! and I was making sure they would still have a life! she was VERY supportive of that!!

CONGRATS! My daughter did pre-team for a year and loved it. It was the first big jump for us from rec to "the team". Sometimes I felt like we were in gymnastics limo though because it wasn't quite THE TEAM yet. But DD got a team leos and wanted to live in it.
Good luck to your kids!

Great for them!! Its good that BOTH will be able to do pre-team together. They'll get more strength/flexibility work plus learning and polishing skills. Usually pre-team classes don't take up that much time during a week, so that it interferes with family time and other activities they want to do. Will you have a chance to watch some classes before they start? Might be a good idea, so your dds have a little idea of what to expect and how it is different from what they are doing now.

As someone mentioned it is "limbo" for the move to team. Normally, pre-team programs do no fund raising which means you don't benefit from any of that and you're not considered part of the team booster club. Its a fun time to watch them grow and learn new things. Keep us all updated come 2008!!

Thanks!! From what I understood Preteam is part of the team just not competing yet!! letting them get used to it all!! (wich is what my kids need thye are slow to changing!! they need time!! thats just htem!!

they also do benefit from the fundraising is what the coach said to me last night!!
they can use what they earn to pay for the classes the leos or even just spirit wear!! I think that should help a lot!! I cannot wait!! Oldest dd just said this morning she wants to!! I think she was nervous that she would be competing already I told her no till the coaches AND SHE is ready!! lik eI said my kids take time to warm up to things!! tho this gym we just started in Sept they seem to be happy there and adjusting faster than they have ever before!!

Hooray for your little ones - I am sure it will be a very exciting time for them and you :D!

My dd is thrilled to have made team - but I have to say as a parent I enjoyed pre-team WAY more then team. I did not even know what drama meant until she joined LOL! I miss it!!!:( Enjoy it;)

My dd is 7 and on the pre-team at her gym. There are girls in her group. She is level 3. They will be competing in 4 meets. Her first is coming up on Nov. 3rd and they are working so hard. She got her backhip cirlce two days ago. She is so excited to be going to a competition.

The level 3 leos are diff. from level 4 and up but they have the same warm-ups so they feel very official. The level 3 parents are included in the Booster Club at our gym, so I feel a part of all that is going on.

The parents are great. One of the level 4 mom's is going to the meet early just so she can watch my daughter in her first meet. Great to have support. I am sure I will cry.

My dd is 7 and on the pre-team at her gym. There are girls in her group. She is level 3. They will be competing in 4 meets. Her first is coming up on Nov. 3rd and they are working so hard. She got her backhip cirlce two days ago. She is so excited to be going to a competition.

The level 3 leos are diff. from level 4 and up but they have the same warm-ups so they feel very official. The level 3 parents are included in the Booster Club at our gym, so I feel a part of all that is going on.

The parents are great. One of the level 4 mom's is going to the meet early just so she can watch my daughter in her first meet. Great to have support. I am sure I will cry.

I cant wait to hear how your dd did on her first meet!!
I hae a ton of friends and church fam who are all excited to come and see my girls
when they have there first meet!!

I will definitely let you know how it goes.

How old are your girls? do you know when they will be competing yet?

I will definitely let you know how it goes.

How old are your girls? do you know when they will be competing yet?

my youngest is 5 and I just found out she is the youngest on the preteam!!
my oldest is 7 and she is one of the younger ones!! (I think 2 are younger than her! well 3 if you include sis!! LOL)

and Im sure it will be a bit till they compete! for one I dont think mentally they are ready as well as not quite for physically either!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back