price of competition leotard

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

5brownies

Hi, I am trying to get an idea of how much other gymnasts are paying for competition leotards.
Thank You

Just for the leotard, a new leo is $100, and a used leo is $50. We are VERY lucky compared to many other prices I have heard of!

We pay $70 CAD for ours. You can see them in my gallery. They are made to measure for each gymnast by two local seamstresses. We are very happy with the quality and fit. The club also takes them back each year, if they no longer fit, and gives a credit towards a new or used suit.

IIRC, my club (USAG) leo is about $120 this year. At college, ours are about $60, but the club pays for it.

Our leos this year: w/jewels were $146.48 (w/o $108.50). The warm ups with name $113.93 (w/o $ 107.42).

Don't know the price this year--haven't gotten the form yet, but we were told to expect around $180.

last year for our display leo( coustumes) we paid around £60 a gymnast this included shorts or a skirt however this year we rying to keep cost down and have worked out that should onyl be around £40 some leo we get made by a local lady and some we buy.

For acro we try and reuse leo we got in the club so they don have to buy one unless want to this not always possible but trying to keep it as cheep as can so a lot of them getting leos from milano at moment who have a have g a half price sale on so it working out about £20 for long sleeved foil leo( not bad)

the parents also have option to fudraise for leo costs we give them football cards if they want them to use that will cover the cost of leo if al filled out. and some of them for acro have bought simpler leo and added own diamonte which nice as keeps cost down and also makes it more individual

claire

Last yr's comp leo cost $225. There was a lot of bling on it, very pretty. This yr in addition to our comp leo we also needed warm ups, so we were told a total price - $300. I know our comp leo is not costing as much as last yr, which is kind of nice since the economy is not the greatest right now!

our L3's compete in a tank Leo that costs $50. L4-6 long sleeve Leo is $170. L7 & up long sleeve Leo is $90.
Our warm ups are $70.

I can't remember what I paid for last years comp leotard, but it was over $100 and supposed to last 2 years. Well, because we changed gyms, we have to order a new leotard but good thing is now theirs is good for two years and DD had a bit of a growth spurt anyway. I think I paid $131.00. We are on the "off" year for new gym's warm-up though so we have to just get something simple on our own in black which is fine. A gymnast can never have too many sweat suits.

We buy new comp leo's every 2 - 3 years. Our first one was $100, then the next was $78. I think we are getting off cheap this year, it is around $60. We are also getting new warm ups (which we get every 4 - 5 years) the first ones were $200.. these are only $60. I just hope they still look nice out there, that we are not the 'WalMart Team" competing against all the 'Nordstrom teams'

If you know what I mean!

I haven't seen the order form but usually the comp leo is around $170 and the warm up Leo is about $80. the gym usually will change it once every 3- 4 years.

This year the warm up was changed because the style we have isn't available anymore but the fabric is so they gym said if the warm up fits then we don't have to get the new one. Thank god my DD's sitll fits.

Ours were pretty steep. We just paid $155.00 for the new leo, and $125.00 for a new warm up. We`d had the same for 3 years. Our warm up didn`t change, but the legs on Bean`s suit were too tight, so we had to buy a new one.

We are on a two year cycle for warm-ups (got those last year for $65) and competition leos (getting those this year for $110).

Our warms up are a really good quality for that price and since they are royal blue they stnd out pretty nicely on the podium with the others that seem to have a majority of black warm ups.

Barb

DDs leo this year was $48 and warm up is $90. She switched gyms after Spring season. Her old leo was $78 and warm up $165. I got credit back for her old warm up at her old gym, but kept her first competition leo as it is soo cute. Liking the new prices though at new gym. Leo and warm-up are not as cute as her old gym, but much better price. :) At old gym 4-6 wore tank leo and 7-10 wore same long sleeve. New gym, 4s wear tank leo, 5s and 6s wear a 3/4 sleeve leo and optionals wear long sleeve.

Last yr's comp leo cost $225. There was a lot of bling on it, very pretty. This yr in addition to our comp leo we also needed warm ups, so we were told a total price - $300. I know our comp leo is not costing as much as last yr, which is kind of nice since the economy is not the greatest right now!

Granny what do you do with your old leos. Does she wear them to train or do you sell them on. I know you mentioned before they get new ones each year. I just love the one she had this year.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back