DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
The Chalk Bucket was created to allow each group in the world of gymnastics to see through the other groups eyes. This goal will be realized. The coach forum will once again be viewable to all.

As a compromise...some things will still be changing. We will need to talk about some of these things:

1. New "Question & Answer" System: This is not open for discussion. The new system of asking questions is better. Use the "Question & Answer" forum with the required thread prefixes. For this reason, unless you are a member of a group, you will only have view (read) access to the group forums.
  2. Private Social Groups: As a compromise we are planning on enabling private social groups. These groups have the option to be invite only. Private social groups also have the ability to hurt feelings...."Member x won't let me into their group." Unless we have a huge uproar against them...they will be turned on. Chalk Bucket moderators will NOT be allowed to create a private social group (they will be allowed to join them). Since The Chalk Bucket mods will not really be in charge of these groups, problems with them are NOT to be taken up with us. On the other hand, ALL social groups will be moderated, personal attacks and insults will NOT be tolerated. Gossip will not be tolerated. Facts are fine, but even with facts, real names and personal info is NOT allowed.
Will this work?

In summary...any private groups must be created by members and NOT staff. Private social groups can be created for any purpose. This gives all members of the site the same power. If someone creates a group and you can't get in, create your own....I DID....IT'S CALLED THE CHALK BUCKET.

=========================================

By the way...the term "secret society" hit me the hardest. That is NOT why this site was created. That is why staff will NOT be allowed to create private social groups.

I'm glad the coaches group is now readable, but isn't this saying they can just recreate it?
How can I create a private group?

Sounds great, I really appreciate it. It's a sign of a good leader when they can take everyone's views into account and come up with a compromise.

I'm glad the coaches group is now readable, but isn't this saying they can just recreate it?
How can I create a private group?

You can't yet...but everyone will be able to. Unless many people have a problem with it. Speak now if you do.

Last edited:
I like this idea.

I liked the new way of question and answer, I actually think that is a very nice improvement over what we did have before.

As for the private social groups, sure, why not? I wouldn't even have a problem with the moderators being able to create groups. The idea of the private social group seems more fair, since anyone can make them, and the creator can have control over who is in. Yes, I suppose people's feelings could get hurt, but I feel that there is a difference between setting a up a group as private from day 1 versus making a part of the site that used to be public private all of a sudden.

Thank you for listening to those of us with concerns!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back