Parents Privates?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

pagymmom

Proud Parent
Hello. Just wondering if this is common or not. We want to get our daughter a private (we have been asking for over a month now) or two to work on a few things. She is a level 8 and doing very well on 2 events. On vault, she is not flipping in competition yet but she wants to. Her gym only flips onto competition surface once a week and for the past two weeks that practice day has been cancelled. Because it has been cancelled, the decision-making coach said she could not flip her vault this past weekend (even though she is capable) because they have not had that competition surface practice and it got cancelled again this week...

We want a vault private so she gets some time one on one to flip the vault.

I fully realize the vault will come but that is just an example to illustrate the problem - is it normal for other gyms to just not make time for privates...basically just told there is no scheduling time to have the private.

A few years ago, we were able to get a private no issue.

I fully realize the vault will come but that is just an example to illustrate the problem - is it normal for other gyms to just not make time for privates...basically just told there is no scheduling time to have the private.

We don't do private lessons at all. If a gymnast needs more work on something we work it in practice. We have a small team though... at this level we have plenty of time for individualized attention.

It really depends on how the gym is setup as far as privates go.

Many times scratching vault is for safety and to remove stress from the athlete.

Yea, it is a big gym (200+ girls) and frankly not big enough for that many girls - 1 vault runway.

As far as I can tell - it is not a safety thing as much as a time thing and having the opportunity to practice it.

Yea, it is a big gym (200+ girls) and frankly not big enough for that many girls - 1 vault runway.

As far as I can tell - it is not a safety thing as much as a time thing and having the opportunity to practice it.

200+ on team?

Maybe some of our members that are from bigger teams can tell you how it works at their clubs?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back