WAG Process of Switching Gyms

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

AquaticSoul

Proud Parent
Hello all, we possibly may need to relocate from NM to CO and 12 yo DD has just finished her Level 4 season. She had a good season and secured her required 34 AA and competed at the State meet. I was just curious about the process of moving to a new gym. Are there typically try-outs, evaluations, etc. she has only been in the sport for two years and I worry that her age will keep her from making a J.O. Team. Another possible issue is that in CO, compulsory competition season is Aug-Nov, whereas in NM it runs from Dec-Mar, so the CO girls will have a solid 5 months in training for Level 5. Any input or info is very much appreciated!

Reactions: sce
Typically, you would start by calling gyms that interest you and schedule an evaluation. Sometimes this is a private evaluation or sometimes they just have the gymnast join the team for practice for a week or so to see how it goes. You could look for gyms in the area online and look on mymeetscores to perhaps get an idea of a gym with a few older girls?

Do you know what part of Colorado you are moving to? That will help. There are gyms in just about every area that would work with you I think.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back