ProShop

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

Cassafrado

I am looking to expand our ProShop! We are all set with leotards but are looking to get some other apparel, gifts and novelties in the shop. We are looking to do a consignment program for now while we are still growing, does anyone have any suggestions?:(

Tee shirts, grip bags, fleece blankets, funky flip flops and matching hair scrunchies, score books, scrapbooks magnets for cars school lockers. If you have any crafty parents or grandparents ask them to donate something crafty. If you pm me I will send you a a flip flop pattern.
Danielle

Check out Gym Treasures- I do not think they have a regular consignment program but they have great novelty items and maybe you can just start with a few items to get you going.

Check out Gym Treasures- I do not think they have a regular consignment program but they have great novelty items and maybe you can just start with a few items to get you going.

Gym Treasures (http://www.gymtreasures.com )....they have consignment for meets and special events. I would give them a call and see if they are interested in club consignment.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I don't know what it is by "pm" you. I have pretty much planned on having those sorts of items in our proshop... I'm just trying to find some people who are interested in consignment. I was also interested in making a few things myself to sell in the shop, I just have to find some places to get supplies cheap.. oh yeah and find the time! haha...

PM means to send a Private Message to that person, if you click on her name another small box will pop up and there is a private message option. When you do this only that person can read it (like sending an email through this site).

Last edited by a moderator:
pro shop

thank you Audra for explaining what pm means/ i want to share my ideas for thre pro shop but i dont want to go off topic... what happened to Shantessa Pama at the Nationals????

Most consignment programs I ran into will charge you a higher rate usually 100% more. I know Leotard consignments are easy to come by and really do not seem to have the mark-up of other companies. I believe this to be true of gymtreasures too.

If you are looking for pins to purchase check out "Designs by Margarita" Great prices!

GK has good prices in their Streetwear catalog. They also have run specials on consignment of these items.

If you want your own T-shirt, sweatshirts etc...contact a local company that does marketing and promo items. I found that places like gymtreasures charge a high fee for screenprinting as well as small local screenprinting companies. I have one that I work with and have been extremely happy with. I typically save about 40% more going through them than gymtreasures and they are very reliable and professional. Not saying anything against gymtreasurers but I view their pricing as very "middleman."

I worked with one guy a while ago that was a local screenprinter. I offered to let him take on supplying my proshop and gave him ideas of what he could sell. Designs, styles etc and he printed them and sold them on consignment in my shop. He also was allowed to advertise that his company supplied and printed the clothing in my shop. It was a great way for him to market his business at no cost to me.

He ended up getting big contracts through this form of promotion. He got started doing on-site printing at big meets and created a nice business for himself.

Consignment, wholesale, and producing your own products are all completely different. Consignment doesn't have the huge potential in profit, but it is not very risky. If you're looking to stock your shop and get the ball rolling, consignment is great.

If you're looking to go big...the last batch of single color t-shirts I had screened cost about $1.75 each. We had absolutely no problem selling them at $10 each. Of course, that turned out to be a $10,000 order.

Here's a great forum...

http://www.tshirtforums.com

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back