Parents Proud mom

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Torimom12

Proud Parent
My daughter just finished 1st place for level 5 states and I don't know how to tell her how proud I am of her without just saying it! She started last year on level 4, struggled all year, and this year she showed her potential and talent and came through. She also had a great year competing and this is just the icing on the cake. I just want her to know how proud I am and I feel like just telling her isn't enough! What can I do?

Congratulations to her! That's great! It's so nice to see them really work hard and then it all finally comes together.

My dd always loves a girls day, movies, lunch and maybe pedicures just the two of you? Just make it clear to her that you are proud of all of her hard work all year long and want to do something special for her for doing her best, not just b/c she won, although it certainly is a nice bonus! ;)

That is so great, congratulations to her. Words are very powerful and just telling her will mean more than you can imagine.

You could also surprise her with a shadow box or something similar that has elements from the meet. Medals, her leo (if she's done with that one), the meet program, photos, her score card, etc. You could also write her a letter expressing your feelings, which is something she can look back on throughout her career and beyond.

Congrats. Write her a note in a really nice card, so she can keep and reread. And get a nice scrapbook or collage made. Buy the custom tee shirt too.

The struggle makes it even sweeter. :) I am so happy she had an amazing season! Congratulations!! Be sure to remind her that she will surely struggle again in this sport (and life!!) but that she needs to remember this moment: it can serve as a reminder to never give up!!

I made season highlight videos for Kipper and some of her team mates. They LOVED them. The videos included clips from each event, pics with coaches and team mates, best meet, highest score for each event, medals won, and a song that fit their season. (Fight Song, The Climb, Amazing, etc.) It wasn't hard to do, but a little time consuming. It started out a way to show Kipper how I see her...amazing. Not because she always won, (she was usually in the lower half of her team) but b/c she perseveres through adversity, and can do some pretty amazing things that most people on the planet will never even attempt.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back