Provincial Championships BRAG

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Canadian_gym_mom

Proud Parent
Okay you were warned in the thread title. I like to put dd's t&t brags here instead of brags because t&t thread is always so lonely...

So Championships were this weekend. DD is the Bronze medalist for Double Mini and Silver medalist for tumbling!! Woo hoo! She is also 5th in Ontario for trampoline!

Yesterday were tumbling and double mini so an awesome day results wise, but today was my favourite day because of everything other than the actual competition.

There are only 6 girls in the trampoline category (so yes, 5th isn't much to shake a stick at), but the girls have really bonded and become such friends. Waiting for the results for finals, they were playing tag and handstand "competitions" and just sitting together and laughing and having FUN. The all-out favourite to win had a brain fart and did the wrong routine so scored zero.

There was no crying there was no getting upset, there was my dd and most of the others hugging and high fiving her and then carrying on with their games.

Her teammate who we have issues with was decidedly outside most of the camaraderie, and snubbed my dd at first, but by the end was fine.

I am just SO proud of and happy for dd. Next year there will be huge changes to our system so it will be another interesting year!

See the Private brags section probably in a few days to see some videos!

:D

Way to Go! That was awesome! My granddaughter also did well, but only competed in tubling. She is now the Ontario Champion for Women's A under 14! Another great year behind us! Can't wait to see your videos! I even won something in the draw!

Way to Go! That was awesome! My granddaughter also did well, but only competed in tubling. She is now the Ontario Champion for Women's A under 14! Another great year behind us! Can't wait to see your videos! I even won something in the draw!

Thanks, and that's so awesome for your granddaughter!!

I am kind of glad the year is over, as we do artistic as well and it's been so busy. I heard that next year the entire t&t is making major changes to levels, requirements, etc. DD's coach was telling me that they are really sweeping changes.

Did you win the BBQ?

I wish I won the BBQ, I won one of the Pantene gift bags. Do you know what any of the changes are? My grandaughter will be moving on to the National team, but it will depend on what the changes are. I asked my granddaughter if she knew any of the young girls at your DD's level and she said she did.

The main changes with tumbling will be adding whips as a requirement earlier. The letter levels will be changing to numbers, 1-4. Whips will be an option starting at the lowest level, and will become a requirement at the second level, and aslevels increase, more will be required and be worth more.

The age divisions will change as well, changing to 12 and under and 13 and over for all levels.

I am trying to remember what the coach said about the National levels. There will be an introduction of an "Aspire" level I think, that will be similar to the "open" level in artistic. It's still going to be all about awarding higher scores and bonuses for whips.

Supposedly Ontario lags behind the rest of the country in tumbling at the National level, because we don't do enough whips.

Well since there are so few girls I bet she knows dd, lol. The girl who came 5th in your dgd's level is from the same club as my dd. We really should introduce ourselves next year.

Sounds like some interesting changes! We know the girl who came fifth because we live in the same town and started at the same gym! We should definately meet next year! Have a great summer!

We are close! Check back here in a week or so because the technical meeting for T &T is coming up this weekend and I will try to get more details from our coach after the meeting and I will post them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back