Parents Pullover on metal bar but not wooden bar?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymhorsemom

Proud Parent
DD started doing pullovers on the metal bar about a week ago -so it's a very new skill for her. She is doing it properly -chin up and legs over. She's not kicking off the floor for it. She claims that she can't do it on the regular bar because it's too big and her hands slip off. I am guessing she probably can do it but thinks that she can't. Is there something that I can say to her to convince her that she can? Do you think she will soon be doing them on the big bar?

Is she putting her hands over the bar enough? If she is gripping more the front of the bar instead of the top, then they will slip off.

Because the metal bar is smaller it is easier to hold onto, even when hand placement is not as good.

Is she putting her hands over the bar enough? If she is gripping more the front of the bar instead of the top, then they will slip off.

Because the metal bar is smaller it is easier to hold onto, even when hand placement is not as good.

It's quite possible that this is the problem. I wish the coach would work more with her on this.

I'm sure she'll figure it out. It's a bit easier to hold the smaller diameter bar but even so, this is not common on a pullover. But the kids have a variety of things they think they can't do that are short lived. She will be able to do it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back