Parents Puma Jr makes bars event finals for USAIGC Worlds!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mrs. Puma

Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Thank you to all who have asked and sent well wishes! It wasn't a great meet overall, but nothing tragic, nothing below 8 and AA above 34, so it could have been worse. But she did place 3rd of 44 (yes FORTY FOUR kids in the age group...) so she made event finals for bars! She was disappointed right after for not making at least floor too and wanted to do better in general, (and not getting first on bars) but I told her we are focusing on the positive. Her teammate that would have been in her group for EF didn't make it at all :( She definitely came around and wanted to stay for the next two sessions to cheer on teammates. So at 9:00am PT tomorrow I'll take any good mojo you've got thrown to Reno! Apparently she is the first to go on bars, then will have to sit and wait to know her fate! So nervous!!! But I'm super proud of her no matter what. Thanks everyone!! :)

Thank you to all who have asked and sent well wishes! It wasn't a great meet overall, but nothing tragic, nothing below 8 and AA above 34, so it could have been worse. But she did place 3rd of 44 (yes FORTY FOUR kids in the age group...) so she made event finals for bars! She was disappointed right after for not making at least floor too and wanted to do better in general, (and not getting first on bars) but I told her we are focusing on the positive. Her teammate that would have been in her group for EF didn't make it at all :( She definitely came around and wanted to stay for the next two sessions to cheer on teammates. So at 9:00am PT tomorrow I'll take any good mojo you've got thrown to Reno! Apparently she is the first to go on bars, then will have to sit and wait to know her fate! So nervous!!! But I'm super proud of her no matter what. Thanks everyone!! :)
If that read awkwardly, she was 3rd of 44 for BARS...nowhere near that for AA!! I wish! Lol Sorry, it was a long day!

I am so, so proud of Puma Jr for putting up the best bar routine I think she could have. Unfortunately it was only 6th, but 6th in her age group at Worlds is still not shabby, right?! She scored lower than she did for the AA , but I thought it was a better routine? (Her bar score from the AA would have won EF by 0.35 :( ) But what do I know though?! Lol! HC said the judges took off for not hitting her horizontal cast, though HC says she would have given it to her. Oh well! It's a crazy sport. I'm sure there's just as many times she has been scored gently. I have video of both if anyone wants to pick them apart. All I know is that my kid did the best she could and considering the travel and stress involved I'm super proud of her!! Thanks everyone for all the love! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back