Pump up playlist?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

thegymfreak

Gymnast
Calling all gymnasts with iPods! Do you have a pump up playlist that you,listen to before meets, or any other way of putting yourself in "Compete mode"? For me, it's watching the movie Stick It, usually the day before, or the morning of if it's a late session.
Not all of my music is pump up but I love all the songs
For my Music, I listen to:
Sail By AWOLNATION
Good Time by owl city & Carly Rae Jepsen
Trouble By Taylor Swift (Or anything by her)
Stereo Love By Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina
And finally, Anything by Christina Aguilera!
What about you guys?:D

I actually don't do anything!!!!
I listen to call me maybe normally before and some glee songs, loser like me, gives you hell and i know what boys like:rolleyes:
Yeah good question, i always watch stick it when I am having a tough time at gym.

I always have do things in a certain order & eat certain foods which can be difficult! I even have to put my hair up a certain way, even though I just do a ponytail. I don't really like it when people wish me good luck right before I compete either. My pump up playlist are my fave songs.

I try to distract myself since I get nervous easily. I'm always pretty silly in order to distract myself- until I'm on deck where my routine goes: *cracks joints* *fixes bra straps* picks wedgie* *salutes* "I got this". When I'm on deck, I'm absolutely in the zone. No one is allowed to cheer for me or talk to me. Otherwise I'm kinda crazy and talkative (but not distracting).

Good thing everyone and their parents are used to my competition quirkiness :) I think the seasoned moms warn all the newbie parents & gymmies about my no-cheering rule since I've never been cheered for!

Oh yeah and like the person above I need to crack all my joints, pull my thumb so it's on my wrist and tell myself win this for nan and grandad-ken

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back