WAG Question about college camps

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

josie55

Proud Parent
This is a build off a previous thread where people are recommending college camps for upper optional gymnasts. Question: are the “college camps” that people recommend for level 9 and 10 gymnasts one and the same, listed on college websites, and open to everyone? Or are there special college camps that are more geared toward recruiting or least exposure for these upper level gymnasts? And if it’s the latter, what is the process for learning about these? Are they invite only? Do college coaches reach out with invites or are they just regular camps that one signs up for?

My dd did a camp at a college when she was level 3 and it seemed more like a rec camp. I’ve known others to go to college camps at lower levels. I’m thinking perhaps there is some other, under the radar, series of college camps but I actually have no idea.
TIA!

My daughter, training level 9, went to Alabama’s camp last summer. They have 2 high performers camps and several all level camps. She loved it!

Google search the college’s name and gym camp.

I know Arkansas and Utah also have one.

Some of the college's have "High Performance" camps that are geared to level 7 or 8 and up. My daughter has attended these camps in Iowa and Nebraska and enjoyed them a ton!

The college camps are one and the same-open to everyone and used as a tool for recruiting and getting to know and getting exposure to coaches. If you are interested in being recruited, I suggest you reach out to the coach and let them know your reason for attending camp. And yes, these camps divide gymnasts according to skill level. So for a high level gymnast, I would register for their high performance camp or whatever camp they designate for higher level gymnasts.

You can also check your region if they have NCAA showcases. It is usually a one day or half day where colleges coaches watch while you practice.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back