WAG Question about L5 Floor Routine

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

curlygirls

Proud Parent
Is it a deduction if you step hurdle into the ROBHSBT instead of running into it (other than possible deductions for lack of power, form, etc)? If so, how much? Thanks!

The text does say .20 for lack of acceleration right at the beginning of the run, and hurdle to BHS-BT, although no specific number of steps in the run.......I guess it would depend on the judge?
I am not a judge, (my husband disagrees)

I am under the impression that one can do a power hurdle without the deduction, but believe me when I say I could be wrong.:p I know girls did it at the lower levels and it was acceptable le. Perhaps at level 5 they up it a notch? As you can see, I am not much help. Sorry!:(

Thanks! Dd is dealing with vestibular issues that seem to be exacerbated by speed. She may need to stick with the power hurdle either way, just to get through it. She was just hoping that deductions wouldn't be too severe.

There is no deduction for this, but yes, running usually helps kids get more power. A gym i used to coach at made all their compulsory kids tumble from power hurdles (no steps).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back