Question about piercings and body art and leo

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gralch1

Coach
I thought the rules said only one earring per ear, yet I see several with more than one.

Do tattoos need to be covered? I see some Olympic Rings tats.

And lastly, am I the only one who thinks Shawn Johnson's leo (day 2) is kinda, um, not pretty? I am not being snarky, I admire all these athletes.

And lastly, am I the only one who thinks Shawn Johnson's leo (day 2) is kinda, um, not pretty? I am not being snarky, I admire all these athletes.

LOL I'm watching with my teammates, and I just said the same thing! I love red and black leos, but the sleeves and the top are just...not doing it for me.

I loved her leo. I loved seeing something different.

As for the tattoos and earrings not sure. I see a lot of the girls with more than one earring and the tattoos. They must becoming more softer on some stuff.

In general, I thought the leo's on day two were much better than the hideous ones on day one. I thought Shawn's leo was cool.

I think they may be more lax at the elite level and I have yet to find a rule that says tattoos have to be covered, although gymnasts tend to cover them. Chellsie has several ear piercings we could see on the closeups of her- but could the judges even see that?

I can't find a picture of the leo; will someone post it for me? Thanks.

Here you go.

ShawnJohnson.jpg

I thought the rules said only one earring per ear, yet I see several with more than one.

Do tattoos need to be covered? I see some Olympic Rings tats.

You are not alone one Shawn's leo, I also thought it was not the best choice, it reminded me of her having a bandage around her arm or something.

I think the leotard was full of attitude, and much cooler than the juvenile pink ones Liukin used to wear.

As regards piercings, you are only allowed to wear one pair of earrings in the lobe I'm sure, but I can't see deductions on anyone in any big meets for having more. Besides, they can't really tell if you've got a more dangerous piercing, such as the navel, so won't be able to deduct.
I know that anytime we travel to the UK, including Northern Ireland, we have to remove ALL piercings. Even for training, BG seemingly won't allow piercings, as any injuries incurred as a result of having one will not be covered by insurance.
I would imagine it's the same situation in the US for anything besides ear piercings?

I think that Alicia's tattoos are SO unprofessional.. I am sorry but I could not take her seriously! It would be best if she would cover it up, because I think a lot of people would think different of her! Notice how the commentators, commented on her tattoos before basically every event? If it was covered, we could get back to her gymnastics!

The ear rings... I think wearing 1 ear ring is cute... Not 2, or 3 in each ear. :/

And Shawns leo... I have never liked her choices in leos.. But I loved WOGA's leos! :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Sacramone's tattoos were very discreet and tasteful. Obviously they meant a lot to her so I respect her decision to get them done, and she is a beautiful girl with or without them. As for Shawn's leo, no, it didn't look good...I used to be a figure skater and you see stuff that's WAY worse than that all the time. One little girl (about 7 years) was doing a tropical themed piece and wore a pineapple on her head. I mean, I love my Wier, but...
johnny-weir-olympic-corset.jpg

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back