Parents Question about Prep Op vs JO and advice needed

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thanks for the tips!
I think her biggest problem is that she is too social, always needs to talk to those around her. Some days I pick her up and she is upset because this girl didn't want to talk to her because she was talking to that girl instead, or something like that. I think sometimes she focuses more on making friends with the girls and being accepted by them, rather than on her gymnastics. Maybe being with the younger girls really would be better for her.

I know your dd is younger than mine, but there was a girl on my dd's team last summer that talked and was very social. she found it very distracting, because my dd is very focused, and when she is working on getting a bhs layout for example the last thing she wants is to chat. I used to see it when I would come to pick up early. I could see how distracting it was. Not saying this to be negative toward your dd, but any trick you can give her to stay focused will benefit her and her teammates greatly :)
and I am also not saying my kid doesn't talk, she does, its just not all the time, LOL

I know your dd is younger than mine, but there was a girl on my dd's team last summer that talked and was very social. she found it very distracting, because my dd is very focused, and when she is working on getting a bhs layout for example the last thing she wants is to chat. I used to see it when I would come to pick up early. I could see how distracting it was. Not saying this to be negative toward your dd, but any trick you can give her to stay focused will benefit her and her teammates greatly :)
and I am also not saying my kid doesn't talk, she does, its just not all the time, LOL

Thanks, that's a good point. I'll keep reminding her that not only she is distracting herself, but she is distracting other girls too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back