Coaches Question about skills allowed in Prep Opt Excel Gold

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

J

Jeff

Hello,

Thanks for your expertise and time in responding to these questions. Our daughter is competing at the Prep Opt./Excel Gold level and we have some concerns that some of the skills she is doing are not allowed and she might be getting points deducted. This has happened several times with various different girls in our gym and we wanted to make sure this has not happened with our daughter. The two concerns are for bars and beam. On bars we are wondering about a clear hip circle, free hip circle and a flyaway tuck dismount. On beam we were wondering if a back tuck dismount is allowed. Any help or guidance is appreciated. On some sites we found online, it seemed that some of these skills are not allowed at the gold level so we just want to make sure. Thanks, Hillary and Jeff

Hello,

Thanks for your expertise and time in responding to these questions. Our daughter is competing at the Prep Opt./Excel Gold level and we have some concerns that some of the skills she is doing are not allowed and she might be getting points deducted. This has happened several times with various different girls in our gym and we wanted to make sure this has not happened with our daughter. The two concerns are for bars and beam. On bars we are wondering about a clear hip circle, free hip circle and a flyaway tuck dismount. On beam we were wondering if a back tuck dismount is allowed. Any help or guidance is appreciated. On some sites we found online, it seemed that some of these skills are not allowed at the gold level so we just want to make sure. Thanks, Hillary and Jeff

Depends on the state. Right now, the Prep/Xcel rules are not the same in all states.

As AmandaLynn said, rules currently vary by Region and State. If you happen to live in Region 1 (socal,norcal,nevada,arizona), all the skills listed ARE allowed at the Gold Xcel level. Don't have info on the other Regions.

I'm in region 8 and those are allowable here as far as I know... We've never had deductions taken anyway... And I know in our rules a salto dismount is listed on beam. An "A" value dismount is allowed on bars which I'm 99% sure a tucked flyaway is.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back