WAG Question about toe shoot

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LJL07

Proud Parent
Can the toe shoot from low to high bar be done in a pike instead of straddle? Daughter can do this in pike but straddle isn’t working as well. We can’t find any info. Coach said it’s ok, but just trying to make sure possible routine fulfills requirements.

I am answering my own post to say that judge friend says this is not a thing and has to be done as straddle. My daughter has a hip issue and was just finding it easier to do piked. Ugh.

I am answering my own post to say that judge friend says this is not a thing and has to be done as straddle. My daughter has a hip issue and was just finding it easier to do piked. Ugh.
That’s interesting thanks for sharing!
Good luck to your DD

I don't know what code/country you are competing in, but I have seen it done in a pike and, yes, it is a skill.

I don't know what code/country you are competing in, but I have seen it done in a pike and, yes, it is a skill.
USA. Well, the coach insists they can do it in a pike and it does count. It is true that I’ve never seen it done that way.

Well, for what it's worth, if I was judging your daughter as an Xcel Diamond or developmental program level 8 or 9 (or 10), I would count it as "C" skill filling whatever appropriate requirement. I've seen it at least a half dozen times in a pike over my decade of judging.

Well, for what it's worth, if I was judging your daughter as an Xcel Diamond or developmental program level 8 or 9 (or 10), I would count it as "C" skill filling whatever appropriate requirement. I've seen it at least a half dozen times in a pike over my decade of judging.
This will make my daughter so happy! Her goal is first year level 10. Thank you.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back