WAG Question about vault table height for Xcel Platinum

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Amanda

Proud Parent
We are debating a whether or not to have my daughter compete Xcel Platinum vs. a second season of JO Level 6 (or maybe 7, but unlikely at this point). Does anyone know if there is a minimum height requirement for the vault table for Xcel Platinum? She likes to vault on a low setting. I don't think she vaulted at the minimum last year for JO- I am not sure if she took a deduction for it. Her scores did vary quite a fair amount and often wondered if it was the difference of whether judges noticed the lower height of the table.

I do not believe there is a minimum, as the R&P only mentions a maximum. But, just FYI, there is no minimum for level 6/7 anymore either.

Thank you! That’s interesting about Level 6/7. I totally thought there was. Is that a recent change? If not, I definitely can’t point to that as a difference between her scores last year!

Yes, no "real" minimum in Platinum ... just has to be locked into a setting the vault table supports, lol.
Last year, we had Platinums vaulting at 100, 105, 110, 115, and 120.
This year, I don't think we will have any vaulting on 100, but there is a possibility of YG moving up to 125 if she goes through ANOTHER growth spurt ... we did "flirt" with 125 pre-Covid, but she didn't have the height / angle needed to get the twist (and with maximum springs in the spring board, she was punching so hard the springboard bottomed out just to try to get the height / angle). She did grow a little over the break, but we are taking it slow. Since we are only in the gym 4.5 hours a week (3 days x 1.5 hours), they only vault every other practice, one day is vault / beam and the next is floor / bars, so one week, they vault 1 day and the next they vault 2 days.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back