Question Concerning Virtual Meets

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

cmg

Proud Parent
So it seems like virtual meets might be a safe way for many gymnasts to get some type of competition experience in this year. My question is how do you know if a meet is virtual or not? How do you find virtual meets and then how do you sign up? When I looked at MeetScores.com for upcoming events none were listed as virtual. I know USAG has supported virtual platforms but I can't find it now on the website. How would my gym go about trying to understand the necessary equipment and process to participate in a virtual meet?

That's a good question. I don't know if there is a collective site listing such things. I know that on our gym's website we are advertising that the meets are "virtual" and we provide good documentation of what that means and what set up you need to participate. I also see that on the state USAG website they have a calendar of all (Virginia) meets. Our team's meets are the only ones that indicate virtual there. That being said, I suspect a few others may be planned as virtual as well. So I don't think that is necessarily a good indication of what virtual options are out there. Hmmm . . . .

Reactions: cmg
That's a good question. I don't know if there is a collective site listing such things. I know that on our gym's website we are advertising that the meets are "virtual" and we provide good documentation of what that means and what set up you need to participate. I also see that on the state USAG website they have a calendar of all (Virginia) meets. Our team's meets are the only ones that indicate virtual there. That being said, I suspect a few others may be planned as virtual as well. So I don't think that is necessarily a good indication of what virtual options are out there. Hmmm . . . .
Hello fellow gym mom! I am so excited for this weekend’s meet! My dd only had one meet last season so she is excited to do another one. I hope I can watch the older girls too. Good luck to your dd!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back