question for gym owners

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm curious to know how y'all decide the pay rate for your coaches...
I am almost 23 years old, I have a few years of coaching under my belt (most with preschool & recreational, but about 4.5 months with team levels 4-7). I've also completed 3 years of college, but decided to take a break from school to figure out exactly what I wanetd to do with my life.

Anyways, the point of this post, do coaches who have a Bachelors Degree get paid more than a coach who doesn't? That's how I've heard it to work in other career fields, but got to thinking if the same goes for gymnastics coaches? Because i know you don't need a degree to be a great and successful coach, but would i be paid more if i go finish a degree? Or at this point would my time be better spent coaching full-time and spending my money on Congress and state gymnastics conventions instead of college?

Hope to hear from someone soon! Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm not an owner, but from what I understand where I work, it is how much experience you have. A degree in sports therapy or something like that might up your pay but as far as a bachelors in a field unrelated to gymnastics I don't think would make a difference. Is that what you meant? You will get paid more if you have certifications in safety and have been to Congress etc. Those are what matter most.

I have a degree in coaching, but in terms of how much I get paid for coaching, it is my actual British Gymnastics coaching qualification that affects how much I am paid. I get no more because I have a degree.

Of course, that is just the way it is in my gym. I am lucky to get paid at all! Here most gyms are run by volunteers!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back