WAG Question for judges re: USAIGC floor routines

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mom2G&D

Proud Parent
I was hoping to get some opinions from judges (and coaches too) who are familiar with the requirements for USAIGC Silver level floor routines.

Recently, my daughter was given a new Silver floor routine. She’s very happy with the music and the choreography. However, I do have a question. Of all the new routines in our gym this year, her’s seems to be the only one that does not cover (or come close to covering) all of the floor exercise mat. While I am a detailed oriented person by nature, it was quite obvious to me from the first time I saw the routine. (For a visual reference… if you divide the mat into two triangles, she doesn’t really set foot in one them.)

I looked at the USAIGC requirements that are posted on their website. There is nothing I saw that stated specifically that all of the floor exercise mat should be covered in a routine. But, I was wondering… Is it possible that a judge could take a deduction for not doing so? It’s pretty clear she never touches a large part of the floor.

If this is at all a cause for concern, I’d like to have a discussion with her coaches before her competitions begin. Obviously, they think it’s not an issue. And, it may not be an issue at all. We are new to USAIGC, so I guess I’m just looking for reassurance that it truly doesn’t put her at any disadvantage.

Thank you in advance for any input you can provide!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back