WAG Question re: Canadian gyms

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mish

Proud Parent
Hi,
We are going to the Manhattan Classic this weekend (local enough meet for us). My daughter's lv 6 session has 3 Canadian teams in it. I was just curious; does Canada follow the same levels as J.O.? Same USAG rules? Also, any fellow ChalkBucket-ers going to be there? Thanks!

Some provinces here still have some modified JO rules, and it is still relatively new- lots to learn for Canadian coaches, one of the reasons that Canadians go to the States for competition.

Some provinces here still have some modified JO rules, and it is still relatively new- lots to learn for Canadian coaches, one of the reasons that Canadians go to the States for competition.

In Quebec, we aren't using the JO yet, but they changed the name of the categories so we're going toward it. Provincial levels are now P4 to P8, which are mostly like level 4 to 8 in the us. Girls aren't judge on a 10.0 system. We have some compulsory elements to include and there are some bonus that can be included in the routine.

It still is a lot of change and adjustments to make.

Manhattan Classic is the end of the month. We were there last year but we are competing elsewhere this January.

In Quebec, we aren't using the JO yet, but they changed the name of the categories so we're going toward it. Provincial levels are now P4 to P8, which are mostly like level 4 to 8 in the us. Girls aren't judge on a 10.0 system. We have some compulsory elements to include and there are some bonus that can be included in the routine.

It still is a lot of change and adjustments to make.

It is very odd how Quebec is moving over so much more slowly than the other provinces.

It is very odd how Quebec is moving over so much more slowly than the other provinces.
But wasn't Quebec the one that had a different system than the rest of the country years ago? I may be remembering wrong, but thought they were always different.

Ontario has been using the JO system for two years now, third season just started in December. Québec still marches to the beat of their own drummer. Even last year the Québec gyms that came to our club for a meet were doing modified compulsory routines, all the mandatory skills were there but not the routines we all know and love. Lol

But wasn't Quebec the one that had a different system than the rest of the country years ago? I may be remembering wrong, but thought they were always different.

We stuck to the CPP when Ontario changed to a system more similar to JO some years back. We definitely are a special people. Ha!

I don't know why we're not following the rest of the country. But level 9 and 10 are JO and we use the same national levels as the other provinces.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back