Coaches question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Train them and see if they get there.

There really is no way to tell. We can guess, but we don't know if they'll make it to elite until they make it to elite.

I agree... You can see If a child has talent, but it is impossible to be psychic and know if a child will 100% be an elite athlete.

Find a coach you like and let that child get to work. I think that is about all you can do!

Great advice guys! Also, a personal opinion, look to see if they are also a hard worker and willing to train hard.

Thanks so much for your advice. My daughter loves this sport and works very hard almost every day. Its hard to keep her from doing gymnastics all the time. She is 6 yo level 4, but moving up pretty quick.

Elite training is a GIGANTIC commitment. Finding a competent elite coach can sometimes be difficult depending on where you live and very expensive. Not all, but most elites are home schooled so they can do 2 a days.

Great advice guys! Also, a personal opinion, look to see if they are also a hard worker and willing to train hard.

This is very true; a moderately talented girl who works hard will always eventually pass up a very talented one who doesn't.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back