Parents Questions about Training Schedule/Hours for Optionals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I do Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 3.30-7.30, but sometimes 7.30 turns to eight closer to meets. Also Saturdays from 12-4. (I'm Level 10. L10s train with L9.) The Level 7-8s, though, do those days Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 3-7. and Saturday from 1-4.30. My gym is actyally pretty flexible. If you can't make a practice, you can train with the level below if they have better times. I did this waaayy back in Level 4, when I trained Level 4 in the Level 3 team. And when I was on Level 3, there were a couple level 2s training with us because they couldn't do L2 times, but L1 was not a good amount of hours for them.
Also, if you're in a homeschool program or graduate and aren't in uni, then you do two a days for 3 hours each, through to Saturday

Going a bit off topic here, but A 3PM school end time would be great! Here it is 8:15 to 3:15 Elementary, 8:20 to 3:25 MS, and 8:25 to 3:35 HS. Compulsory practices are 3:45-6:45, which is a quick turnaround for kids in middle school or with middle school siblings. Coaches are generally accommodating of some lateness. I used to change and eat in the car and usually get there within 5 minutes of the start time. Optionals starts at 5:30, which has mixed feelings. Some people love it- they can get their homework done before gym. Others would rather start at 4 and do homework after, but that doesn't look like a possibility in the near future with our team coaching staff.
Our Elementary School is 8am-3pm. Middle school (next door - they share a car pool pickup line) is 7:50am-2:50pm. The high school (next door to the middle school - basically ... but each school is on a different street) is 7:40am-2:40pm.
We do single route bussing except for the "in town" kids. That bus does HS/MS, and circles back to get ES students. They have to wait 10-15 minutes after school for their bus to get there.

The gym isn't in our district though.
Practice times are currently either 4:30pm-6:30pm OR 6pm-8pm. For several years, we were 5:30pm-8pm. Eventually, we transitioned to 5pm-7:30pm, and that was where we were at pre-Covid.

The primary schools in my area are from 8.45-2.55.
The high schools are 8.45-2.50/55.
No middle school in Australia!
Practices for kids in school start around 4 or 5 normally.

My son's high school is 8:30-4. He went to school from 7:30-12:00 (had a zero hour class) and then practiced 2-6. This worked really well for him. He was able to get all his school in, get practice done, and have time in the evening for family, homework, etc. This schedule made all the difference in his sleep, his health, and his grades!

Yes my kid has zero bell... you have a bell before the day starts (usually PE) so that you can take an extra elective during the day. So school starts at like 9:20 I think but she has Zero bell at 8:45 where she does PE then goes to the rest of the school day.

Yes my kid has zero bell... you have a bell before the day starts (usually PE) so that you can take an extra elective during the day. So school starts at like 9:20 I think but she has Zero bell at 8:45 where she does PE then goes to the rest of the school day.

This is it exactly. His school required an advisory hour. He did it before school technically started. he also took an online class each semester and in the summer to keep credits up.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back