Parents Quick beam series question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

CuriousCate

Proud Parent
Can anyone tell me how long a handstand needs to be held in a HS-BHS series? My kid is repeating 7 for what is left of this season after training for 8 all year (then getting injured), so she plans to compete a BHS-BHS that she had planned for 8, but will use a HS-BHS as a back up. I noticed that last season a lot of girls who competed that series lost credit supposedly because they did not hold the handstand long enough. Thank in advance!

I'm pretty sure that it is 2 seconds. I recall that being what the coach told my dd. I watched one of her videos and she held it that long and scored over a 9 so it must have counted.

I hope she doesn't need to use it and if she does, I hope the judges count to 2 very quickly! ;) She can def hold it longer than she does, but I think the anxiety of knowing she has to connect it, makes her just move through too quickly!

Mine did hs-bhs sometimes in L7 and it is full two seconds (“1 gymnastics 2 gymnastics”). She got hit at least once - maybe twice - for not holding ling enough and lost connection credit I think.

2 seconds is the standard of beam for a handstand to count as an Acro skill, even in the FIF code of points.

Most judges will be very picky about it, they won’t count to two quickly. I tell my gymnasts to hold at least 4 seconds to be sure.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back