WAG Quitting.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

f_johnston

Gymnast
I’m a senior in high school and a level 8 right now, but i’m taking a gap year next year and planning on college the year after. The plan was to do gymnastics all the way through that gap year. Now though, I’ve been in a rut for months. It’s gotten to the point where I’m dreading practice, and at least once a week I start crying at practice because I’m not making skills. I have been considering quitting for a while, and so has one of my teammates who is a sophomore this year. We’ve both been feeling so overwhelmed, and neither of us is sure what to do. On one hand, I’m so stressed and anxious about practice and school that I don’t know what to do. On the other hand, i’ve been doing it for like 6 years, and I can’t remember what my life was like when I didn’t have gym every day. I’m worried that I will feel lost without gym and that I would regret quitting and want to come back and then not be able to. Plus I don’t want to leave my teammates. We all love each other so much and it would be like leaving sisters. Still, I’m at my breaking point, and I need a solution. Help please! I just need some reassurance about this. (by the way, I had considered only doing beam next year because that is my favorite event. perhaps I could just do that this year? idk)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back