Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
judges-quiz-2.jpg

Think you’re an expert on USAG women’s gymnastics deductions? Take our quiz and find out...

Quiz is no longer available.

Last edited:

Post your results here and let us know what you think!​

Hungry Back To School GIF by Papa John’s

Haha!! Deductions are a mystery to you.

The ones I did get correct were mostly guesses(I knew a couple).

I have said it before & I will say it again, I am truly a CLUELESS gymmom-and wear that badge with honor!! That is why she has coaches-they know all these deductions and make sure she's good to go!!

Reactions: JBS
Fun quiz, I got "Are you a judge?" I find it more enjoyable to watch a gymnastics meet if I understand what is happening and where the scores are coming from, so I've tried to educate myself over my daughter's many years competing. I'd like to point out that you don't have to be clueless to leave the coaching to the coaches.

I'd like to point out that you don't have to be clueless to leave the coaching to the coaches.
Well, of course! I wasn't say that anyone had to do it my way!! I don't understand football either, but if one of my children played the sport, I would be there to watch every one of their games-and likely never understand a minute of what was going on.

My way is BY FAR not the only way!! Please do not misunderstand what I am saying. This is simply how I have chosen to deal with it...I also have 5 kids, multiple sclerosis, and am heavily involved with animal rescue, so educating myself on gymnastics deductions is super low on my priority scale.

You will likely also be a gymnastics fan long after your daughter leaves the sport, I will go back to being an every 4yr spectator who ooo's and aaa's and forgets all about it a week later.

No one way is right or wrong!!

10/12. 2 I got wrong - fingernail polish (they are allowed to wear them in college. I thought it was changed in JO as well), and stepping out of bounds, which I know but somehow clicked .3. Great quiz!

I got 10/12 "Are you a judge?" I am, in fact, a judge. However, there were two errors in this quiz. I'm happy to send corrections with references to the appropriate person if you'd like to update to reflect correct deductions.

I got 10/12 "Are you a judge?" I am, in fact, a judge. However, there were two errors in this quiz. I'm happy to send corrections with references to the appropriate person if you'd like to update to reflect correct deductions.

Yes... totally... we'd love to correct it. Just PM them to me.

I got "Are you a judge?"
I personally find learning about how the judging work very enjoyable. And I actually hope to become a judge one day haha. Fun quiz!

9/12.. probably should have gotten the backless leo correct, but I guess I read it assuming it had the mess liner as those strappy backs are permitted (right?)

I got 7/12 which surprised me. Only 2 I flat out had no clue. The others were just a question of degree

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back