MAG random curiosity

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

sce

Proud Parent
So my son skipped form level 6 to level 9. Age wise he is an older level 9. But he is not ready for level 10. Most of the boys he is competing against seem abut in the same boat, clearly not ready for level 10, too old for level 8. There are a few though that puzzle me. These boys are scoring 75 or above at level 9 and have been optionals for a few years. Why would they not be level 10s? At level 10 they would have a chance to qualify to nationals, at level 9 they are too old. I know it's just speculation, as we don't know anyone's specific situation. It just puzzles me a bit.

Maybe they are missing some skills? I know that D's coach has requirements for move ups, so maybe they were missing skills on something like that. I think there are lots of reasons why it could be that way. I also know that some require a certain start value. It can be puzzling.

My only other thought is that these are boys that were training for their 2nd year of 9, and with the age changes, did not quite have what was needed, or didn't want to do 10.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back