WAG Random question...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I don't think I've ever seen anything more than 9.7, and that was super rare. Where we live anything over a 9 is a great score, the top scores across any session are usually in the 9.3 variety. I would love to see a 10 one day, I bet it's pretty special for the athletes.

I gave a 9.925 on floor once (I went 9.90/other judge was 9.95). I think it was to an Xcel Gold or Platinum. Beautiful routine that I can still remember every detail: she had a small foot slide after her side aerial and I saw a slight knee bend in her switch leap, but the other judge didn't.

Obviously, I see 9.90-9.975 in college all the time.

Compulsories, one of my kiddos got a 9.80 on beam. That doesn't happen much. Optionals, some 9.8s.

Virginia states appear to be higher than the norm for both compulsory and optionals. To the question... I have seen two 10's in the last two years.

A bit off topic but I have always wondered about this:

At our state meet last year one girl got 10.0 on vault. The crowd cheered so loudly (the scores were displayed in a very prominent place) that another gymnast fell off the beam....

I have seen some families go a bit overboard at meets and I always worry this will happen (maybe I am being silly) I know they cheer loud at a college meet but I dont think the average lower level gymnastic would be used to a sudden loud noise/cheering.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back