Razor Burn (Arm Pits)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastralo

Any suggestions on razor burn please help it hurts so bad....

Aloe vera works great, stay away from the deoderant for a few days too. Ice will help immediately. I feel your pain, that hurts.

Posting to agree with aloe advice! Works really well. Don't wear anything cut really high at the armpit that might rub on it either if you can avoid it. I used to get razor burn just thinking about shaving so I feel your pain. I stopped using brand new blades there first. If you have a new razor try doing your legs and then your armpits so it's still effective but not quite as sharp. When you hold your arm up (with the hand of the arm your lifting up), pull the skin super tight by grabbing the area between the collar bone and your shoulder and lifting your elbow as high as you can. I don't press the blade down at all, just drag it across really tight skin or I get red bumps for about 4 days :mad: Play with how hard you can press down and not get razor burn by starting light so you can figure out how close of a shave you can get without wrecking your pits! Mine doesn't get all the way to the skin, but it's only visible if someone were to be up in my pits lol. I figure it's worth it to not have to scratch!

Posting to agree with aloe advice! Works really well. Don't wear anything cut really high at the armpit that might rub on it either if you can avoid it. I used to get razor burn just thinking about shaving so I feel your pain. I stopped using brand new blades there first. If you have a new razor try doing your legs and then your armpits so it's still effective but not quite as sharp. When you hold your arm up (with the hand of the arm your lifting up), pull the skin super tight by grabbing the area between the collar bone and your shoulder and lifting your elbow as high as you can. I don't press the blade down at all, just drag it across really tight skin or I get red bumps for about 4 days :mad: Play with how hard you can press down and not get razor burn by starting light so you can figure out how close of a shave you can get without wrecking your pits! Mine doesn't get all the way to the skin, but it's only visible if someone were to be up in my pits lol. I figure it's worth it to not have to scratch!
Great advice Linsul! May I add NEVER shave dry skin. You need the hairs to be softened by warm water 1st. Shower or bath are best, but holding a warm wet wash cloth there for a little while works too. Plus, you need shaving cream(hair conditioner works in a pinch too), soap just doesn't seem(to me) to be enough lube for pits. I also use a razor a few times on my legs before it would go near the pits. Best for it to be a slighty dull blade for pits. I'm italian...so I believe me...I know a lot about hair removal, LOL!!!:p Hope you feel better soon!

Great advice Linsul! May I add NEVER shave dry skin. You need the hairs to be softened by warm water 1st. Shower or bath are best, but holding a warm wet wash cloth there for a little while works too. Plus, you need shaving cream(hair conditioner works in a pinch too), soap just doesn't seem(to me) to be enough lube for pits. I also use a razor a few times on my legs before it would go near the pits. Best for it to be a slighty dull blade for pits. I'm italian...so I believe me...I know a lot about hair removal, LOL!!!:p Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks, yours too! I dry shaved once and I can say from experience that hair is ALWAYS better than that!!!!!!!!!!! Razor burn *and* in grown hairs resulted, it was gross :( I was a trial and error shaver for a looong time, mostly because I wore glasses everywhere but in the shower. I have a scar on my right achilles from gouging myself when I was 13 due to shower blindness! My heel was up, so the razor ripped through every wrinkle that created and nearly gave me a heart attack. I love conditioner shaving myself. I buy the big huge salon pump bottles of Tresseme conditioner for like $5 for shaving lol. You have to rinse the razor a lot more, but that stuff is like lotion times 10 so it makes your skin feel great!

Dry shaving is the WORST idea in the world lol. I find using a four blade razor, and body wash from Bath n Body works the best. Also, always start in the direction the hair grows. And try changing deodorants too, try dove, that works well for shaving everyday, it keeps the skin smoother, and the hair as well

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back