MAG Regional Elite Team Competition

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

ZJsMom

Proud Parent
Does anyone know anything about it? Last night, DS's coach talked to him about being on the team. I looked on USAG website, but I can't find anything about it. DS said this year it's going to be held in conjunction with American Cup. Does anyone know any details about the competition? I assume at some point his coach will fill me in, but I'm curious. Thanks!

I know that every year they have the regional team championships at the OTC. Do you know when it is?

I know that every year they have the regional team championships at the OTC. Do you know when it is?
That's it, but apparently it's not in Colorado this year. At least that's what DS got from his coach. I don't get why there's nothing about it on USAG's site.

I don't know that that's the same thing. He said it's just for level 10 and it's just a team competition where the Regions compete against each other.

That is what this is......The top level 10s in the region come and compete to see what the best region is. They have been doing it for a couple of years now since they took out the region competition from nationals.

Oh, I see what you mean, the competition listed on Sunday. I just looked down the list and didn't look to the right.

It's funny because I just searched again and found this on the Region 4 website, which mentions the competition being moved to the American Cup: http://www.region4men.org/region-4-team-places-5th-at-the-regional-elite-team-championships/ This seems to corroborate what DS was saying, but having a schedule published on the CO Open website sure makes it look like it's still there. How confusing.

It does say "Moving soon." Maybe they are waiting until after the olympics since this year is so busy? I have no idea. I sure hope they aren't moving it as we made plans to go watch it this year!!!

I found this in the minutes from the JO Program Committee meeting at the last Nationals
C. RETC; 2016. America Cup

Dennis
Put it on the floor at America Cup, 2016. Need to have discussion after J.O. Nationals, but before September
. 2015. If the RETC is to be on the floor, then Formatting
and rules need to be determined before September.
Dennis, Dusty and Kevin to work on this because there is a Junior and Senior athlete component to this event. Need to establish a first steps structure.
https://usagym.org/PDFs/Men/Committee Minutes/mjopc_2015_0609.pdf

you would think we would know by now :( Especially since OTC is planning on it and I know lots of people who have planned aroudn it! LOL!

Can you find anythign since then? SInce they said before September? It would be nice to know! LOL! So I can plan my weekend a bit.

I'll let you know when I find out more. I assume since he's going to expect me to buy a plane ticket, DS's coach will be telling me the destination soon. ;)

But that is SO cool that your son will be part of it, ZJ's mom!

SMH again at what passes for communication from the national men's program folks . . .

ROFL Oz! You are so true when it comes to MAG here. So laid back...almost to a fault.

I hope it didn't move this year....D could use some good news.....

The RETC meet is scheduled for Newark, NJ on March 5, 2016 in conjunction with The American Cup. The official announcement is pending due to some scheduling and financial (cost-sharing) decisions. But barring any major hiccups - Newark will be the site. OTC will be the back-up. ZJsMom, congratulations it is quite an honor to be chosen.

KRC

Bummer :( Our team had plans to go to it at OTC. Planned our whole weekend around it. I wish they would have let us know sooner.

But yay on going! (I kind of hope it gets moved to the back up site LOL) Then we could see him!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back