WAG Regionals for Region 6 qualifying

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Used to be easier to qualify for the Olympics too. Skill level wasn’t nearly what is today.

None of that is a comfort or relevant to today’s gymnasts.

For us not this year. A couple on our team, on the line.

Used to be easier to qualify for the Olympics too. Skill level wasn’t nearly what is today.

None of that is a comfort or relevant to today’s gymnasts.

For us not this year. A couple on our team, on the line.

This was four years ago. The year my daughter was L7 was the first year they had regionals at that level, and they've since made it easier to qualify, that's all I'm saying. Not a whole has changed skill wise since then. Not saying it's easy today, just that at least those who aren't phenoms have a chance.

Sounds like it is much easier to qualify to L7 regionals now, since they take more than seven from each state.
So L7 Regionals used to just be one session? It was only the top 7 scorers from each state? So 49 gymnasts from various age groups? Seems sort of like a waste unless it was combined with another level. Or was it the top 7 from each age group?

So it says top 7 “regardless of age”. What about the rest “% of %”? Is it also regardless of age?
DD’s former teammate qualified yesterday. Is it safe to assume that anyone whose score was higher than hers also qualified?

So it says top 7 “regardless of age”. What about the rest “% of %”? Is it also regardless of age?
DD’s former teammate qualified yesterday. Is it safe to assume that anyone whose score was higher than hers also qualified?
That’s how it works in NY

So L7 Regionals used to just be one session? It was only the top 7 scorers from each state? So 49 gymnasts from various age groups? Seems sort of like a waste unless it was combined with another level. Or was it the top 7 from each age group?

Yes, it was just 7 competitors from each state in Region 6, regardless of age. Top 7 across all age groups. That was when my DD was L7 a few years ago. They take many more qualifiers to regionals for L7 today.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back