Regionals?!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This is my first year competing level 5 (this isn't USAG so some of this might not make much sense) and regionals is on the first Saturday of May. There wasn't a qualifier for it, States wasn't really a big deal. All age groups for the level are competing together for our region, making thirty girls (this is very few compared to USAG, but it's much more competitive I think, meaning all the girls really have their routines down.) I don't have much experience having just started in September for this kind of gymnastics and there is no qualifying score to get to JO. The top seven (I think it's seven) go and that's it. I have two of my friends' bat mitzvahs to go to, which means missing two practices. My mom went nuts and she thinks it's either party or she's not driving to regionals (almost four hours away). I really want to go because I've missed a lot of events for practice and these are good friends, but it's so close to regionals and I don't know what to do. I don't think it will hurt me that much because I have five practices a week, but my mom is really angry. I'm trying to go to a different practice, but my mom would have to leave work early and/or wake up at five in the morning to drive me half an hour away and stay there for three hours. Any advice for me? :confused:

well, i don't really know what to tell you. Did your mom say that she wouldn't get up early or leave work early? And do you need that practice? Try to come to a compromise with your mom and coach.
I wish you the best of luck at regionals!

Unless you really need work on your routines, I don't think that two practices will really change that much, so I would say go to the bat mitzvahs, but it's up to you and your mom to decide. I would just make sure that you are completely focused and not goofing off during the time you do have. Good luck with your decision.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back