WAG Reisport buckle grips left or right?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnastbecki

Coach
Gymnast
i recently purchased a new pair of reisport double buckle ladies uneven bar grips and i was wondering which one is the left hand and which one is the right hand? i know what on my old reisport Velcro grips the buckle was by your thumb but the two buckles on the buckle grips are they by your thumb or the other side?

I wear mine with the buckles by the thumb. The vast majority of my team does it the other way around. No one has died so far.
I think as long as you stay consistent with whatever you choose, you'll be fine.

Dd's coach said they go on so that the loose end of the strap faces out when you're on the bar. That way the "tab" doesn't constantly flick you while working skills (or if Velcro, snag on your Leo and come undone)
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1433290315.771200.jpg

simply put, the buckles ALWAYS go on the outside of the wrists. this is because your hands could collide with each other in many different ways and if the buckles were inside the wrist you would cut/slice yourself.

can you find a pic please so that i can see what you're talking about? here are the ones i see most of the time. the buckle ends up on more the outside of the wrist.

$_35.JPG

maybe these?

31zaPgsq7HL.jpg

yes, the buckle would end up on top of the wrists. so no problem. :)

The loose ends go outward. Thats an easy way to remember for the kids, no matter if they are velcro or buckle.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back