MAG Release move on rings?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

DTAG

Coach
Proud Parent
Judge
Is this possible? Too dangerous? Hibar and PBars it is done, granted the bars aren’t moving. But as this sport has evolved so much, could this be a possibility in the future? The athleticism is unbelievable in this sport and the difficulty just keeps increasing. Have you ever seen a release move on rings? Thoughts?

Risk vs. reward… possible… yes… but very high risk. You would need to train totally differently to do something like this. Not even sure I can imagine how it would be done right now. I do remember thinking about this exact thing when I was a gymnast though.

I see y’all’s point definitely. I guess I’ve been just letting my mind wander as I see some current rings skills have changed over time, for example they used to cross the rings right? So the skills change over time and difficulty is always increasing. As the talent of these gymnasts continue to increase and the skills just keep getting harder, it makes me wonder what the evolution of some of these events might look like.

I see y’all’s point definitely. I guess I’ve been just letting my mind wander as I see some current rings skills have changed over time, for example they used to cross the rings right? So the skills change over time and difficulty is always increasing. As the talent of these gymnasts continue to increase and the skills just keep getting harder, it makes me wonder what the evolution of some of these events might look like.
I can definitely see evolution, but I honestly can’t see a release move on rings being allowed. I can only imagine the number of kiddos that would be permanently out of gymnastics after injuring their shoulders trying something like that

Reactions: JBS
This is on swinging rings but he does a double leg cut!!

That’s pretty cool! It would be hard to pull off strength holds with that. I wonder if the strength holds came into play when they changed from “swinging” to “still”. Was this also the time period when they crossed the rings?

That’s pretty cool! It would be hard to pull off strength holds with that. I wonder if the strength holds came into play when they changed from “swinging” to “still”. Was this also the time period when they crossed the rings?

I have seen crossed rings in the still rings era, so I think it could have been both. I get so nauseous watching the swinging rings!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back